AB L33ER No Connection

Eagle Eye

I am trying to setup a new out of the box L33ER Compactlogix. I hook up the usb cable to my pc but it never creates a driver for it in rslinx. Does anyone have any ideas what I am missing here? I am running rslinx classic 3.71.00cpr9.

An easier way would be to hook an ethernet cable to the PLC and use bootp to give it an ethernet address.

The usb is a nice addition for when you don't know the IP address, but besides that I have never used the port, but when I have used the usb Rslinx did create the correct USB driver for me on my PC.

Usually RSLinx will create it automatically. Are you sure it's not trying to create the driver but by going to the web first to search for a more recent one? I know this could take awhile before it decides to load without the web. or you have a anti virus software that's not letting it install?

Yes, the USB link should be auto detected in Windows and RSLinx Classic should then create the driver.

What voltage is the 1769 power supply set for (120v/240v)?

I've gotten caught with that before and the USB driver not showing.

Regards,
George

Yes, the USB link should be auto detected in Windows and RSLinx Classic should then create the driver.

Regards,
George

You were right. I had the voltage set wrong on the power supply.
Thanks for all the replies

Wow. This is why I read this forum, I would never have thought to go looking at a voltage switch to fix a USB issue o_O