Setting RS-232 (DH485) comm. between PV+ and ML1500 (After Migration)

nicer

Hello experts!

So I'm migrating old PV600 RS-232-DH485 (2711-K6C5) communicating to ML1500 LRP to a new PV+ 700 (2711P-K7C4A8).

I've successfully uploaded the old PV600 RS-232 (DH485) application, have also migrated the .pva to .mer following the migration manual (albeit there's quite a list on conversion log, which is also attached) and also got no problem loading and running the migrated application to the new PV+ (though I had to "downgrade" the application file made from FTV ME v8 to v7 since the new PV+ only have v7 firmware) using normal USB drive.

But unfortunately I wasn't able to test the runtime application and I have some concerns on the conversion, particularly on the communication:

1) The shortcut name on FactoryTalk View ME would be the node name on PanelBuilder32 right?

2) On the shortcut verification there are some suspicious warnings (please see attached file).

3) During Application Test or Create Runtime Application there would be a lot of error on which is mostly "failed to add item.." (please see attached file)

I also have attached the conversion log file which is more of the "multistate" which seem to be just fine (as the migration manual said, usual for the binary tags).

Thanks much for any response!

Shorcut Verification.jpg Driver Cannot Be Used.jpg Failed to add item.jpg convert log1.jpg convert log2.jpg

Double posting

Hi nicer,

Another Forum courtesy would be to not post the same questions in more than one thread. This can be confusing to both helpers, readers and the original poster themselves.

You may have felt as though your issues warranted a new thread, but that was not really necessary. If they are still closely linked to the original issues, then just carry on in the original thread.

I have just answered the above questions in your original thread, for your perusal.

Regards,
George