cheapest method of programming?

Not quite sure what you mean?????

But if you are talking about, what would be the most economical / lowest priced controller - software combination to use, then we would need a bit more information from you to answer that.

What are your I/O requirements?
Will you need Analog, and if yes how much and what type?
Will you need RTD, Thermocouple or other specialty modules for you application?
Will you need motion control.
What type of communication are you planning or needing to have.
I am sure the list goes on but you get the picture.

Try to rephrase your question and I am sure someone can give you a reasonable answer.

BCS

The cheapest way to program a plc for manufacturing is to program it correctly , make it as safe as possible, leave spares for I/o, document your work for your customer, and meet the requirements of the job.

Why
Do it right the first time and get a good reputation.
Taking shortcuts will get someone hurt or killed and result in lawsuits and guess who gets named as one of the defendents - You.
Having to go back to fix problems may mean you have to rebuild the entire control panel and you will loose a customer and eventually everyone will know your work isn't worth a dime.

I have seen several companies go out of business by taking shortcuts like the ones I mentioned.

regards,
james

Ditto what James said. Programming correctly is often a matter of opinion. Most people on this forum would prefer simple straight forward programming. PLCs do not lend themselves to too many programming tricks so most things that aren't straight forward are wrong.

I have seen questions on how to do simple things. There is often a brute force way that it obvious and the brute force way could be implemented in less time than it takes to ask the question here. A good example is counting alarm bits. I have some very efficient ways of counting bits but unless speed was really required it would be just as easy to examine each alarm one by one.

hahahahhah ASF,

The system has 6 outputs, 12 inputs, has the use of motion control.
for example the Allen Bradley 1769-L16ER-BB1B

Cheapest method of programming PLC, I think it means in terms of coding?

Cheers guys for the help (y)(y)(y)(y)

Don't know who made the site, but this is exactly the answer for many of the annoying questions I get! :ROFLMAO:

A tech support Engineer at one of the large Automation vendors made it. A former colleague of mine.

Much of the content came from years of experience with customer calls.

A couple of real cheap methods.
1. Con a forum member into doing it for you.
2. Program on your 'off' time.
3. If you are an instructor, make your project an assignment.