logix 5000 cant see project

Nick Z

Hello my program has always worked with no problems however this morning I can't see any of my projects on the screen. Yesterday I took my laptop out and connected it with a rs 232 cable to a L32e module to try and find its IP address so I could replace it ( it keeps faulting out and I lose an HMI) and when I brought it back to my desk and hooked to the network I cant get any projects to come up on the screen I choose one from my start menu and then nothing happens I tried to upload a project and it wont work either there is nothing in my control pane except for the controller name etc and on the bottom it says serial port fault I don't have one hooked up (by the way I had to use a caonverter yesterday all I have are usb ports) I deleted all the drivers in linx that I used yesterday to no avail any one have any ideas. thank you

Where you using the laptop with an external monitor.

Try this.

1. Copy a shortcut for RSLogix 5000 to your desktop
2. Hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys and then double-click on the RSLogix 5000 icon
3. After RSLogix fully opens release the CTRL and SHIFT keys
4. Close RSLogix
5. Re-open normally and all should be back to the default settings

Cheers

Mark