SLC 5/04 Battery Faults

jrsnydley

Hey everybody,

I got called in to work late last night due to a SLC 5/04 processor losing it's program because of a dead battery. I was wondering if there is a way to read if a SLC processor has a battery fault and display a message on the HMI. These machines don't get powered down very often and when they do it is on an off shift when the line is not running. I know with ControlLogix you can use a GSV to read info from the processor but as far as I know, you can't do that with a SLC. Anybody got any ideas? I'm just trying to use this as a maintenance tool so that the operator can notify maintenance when there is someone here to take care of it.

Thanks!

Similar Topics

I'm ashamed to admit this but I've never had to replace a battery in a SLC. Some how been able to skip that task in all my years. So yesterday...
Replies
Views
I replaced the battery on old SLC 5/04. It should have had a 30 minute charge in the capacitor when i changed it. Now when i started it back...
Replies
Views
I was at a customer's today and 2 of 3 SLC 5/03s had the Battery Light on. I showed it to the maintenance guy and asked him when the last time the...
Replies
Views
Hi group, just wondering if anyone has knowledge of how long the CPU module battery can be expected to last before throwing the LED. The machine...
Replies
Views
Where is the battery located ? Is it on the left side of the cpu hidden by the power supply? Thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom