Insurance for Integrators

bluenoser337

Looking for thoughts on what insurance coverage a small integration and PLC service company should hold. I'm thinking "general liability" insurance for sure, but what about "errors and omissions" coverage? The insurance company is proposing E&O for "architects and engineers" but the company has neither. A bit confused here. o_O

My company requires integrators to have:

Employers Liability insurance of $1,000,000

Commercial General Liability for all written contracts, personal injury & property damage, and product liability & completed operations coverage of $2,000,000

In Australia commonly it is $20m public liability, $20m product liability plus workers compensation.

The answer is somewhat dependent on the nature of your business. Assuming you are asking about insurance for yourself as being the integrator, factors to consider are if you provide programming only, design, panels and field devices, installation and wiring, and if your clients are in a high risk industry. Some of your clients will have specific requirements - ask your best customers. Your insurance agent may not have a clue about the real nature of your business.

You need to find a commercial underwriter. They have the experience to match coverage with your net worth.
When required you can add coverage relatively inexpensivly per job and add it to the price.