Allen Bradley software

rob63

i've only worked on Siemens PLC's. In the near future it looks like i could come across some of the Allen Bradley stuff. I was just wondering what is the software called and is there anywhere i can download a trial from and explore it?

There is a Free version of RSLogix500 you can download.
This software will only work with the Micrologix1000 & 1100 models though. But it is the same basic layout as the full blown paid version of RSLogix500.
You can also download an emulator to test drive this on without having to purchase a controller.

The newest AB software for the Compact and Controllogix line of PACS there is not a free download available that I am aware of.
There used to be a 90 day trial version but I am not sure you can get that any longer.
Maybe inquire to your local Rockwell distributor and see if they can hook you up.

I will post the link for the Free RSLogix500 in moment for you.

BCS

Just in case you did not know,

RSLogix500 (the paid version) will program,
Micrologix series and SLC series PLC's (these are older PLC's)

Logix5000/Studio 5000 will program the newer Controllogix and Compactlogix PAC's

And if you have to go back a bit further in time RSLogix5 is used to program the PLC5 line of PLC's.

You will also need RSLinx Classic to communicate between these software packages and the PLC/PAC's.

For the older Allen Bradley Panelview Standard HMI's you will need Panelbuilder32 software.

For the Newer Allen Bradley Panelview Plus series of HMI's you will need Factory Talk View Studio (ME for the HMI and SE for the SCADA applications)

BCS

Rob,

In the UK, most of the Rockwell software and hardware will come through Routeco, as official distributors, although there are other companies that can do parts, maybe not as official...

Not sure where in the UK you are, but there are various branches of Routeco and they may be able to provide software trials for you. They should get you in touch with your local Rockwell rep too.

For Micrologix 8x0's and some other products (HMIs, Drives etc.) there is also free Connected Components Workbench.
http://www.rockwellautomation.com/g...nnected-components/tools/workbench.page#/tab2
Would not recommend it too heavily though...

Not trying to split hairs, but the 800 series of Allen Bradley Controllers are called "Micro800", "Micro820", etc, they do not have the word logix in there designation and should not be confused with the actual "Micrologix" line of controllers.

Not being picky, just don't want the OP to start out with the wrong mind set of what each controller type is called. ;)

Regards,

BCS