Omron CS1G-H online edit "program check fail"

jfnelsen

I have a line that uses a Omron CS1G-H Processor. It runs every day. I loaded a copy of the program they had stored on disk into CX-Programmer, went online and added an input on a rung that will stop the line. When I send changes for the online edit I get "program check fail". I can't get it to take the change and it says there are 98 errors and it won't compile. I was told changes were made with CX-Programmer (possibly an earlier version than what I have--I have version 3 and version 9). I also went online and uploaded the program without labels and tried. Same result. How does it run with all those errors and how can I get it to take edits?o_O

You can select what to check for in CX-P. Are there SET and RSET functions used at all? This will bring up duplicate outputs for example but they are just warnings. You will also get warnings about non compatible word types as well.When you upload the program do a compile - open the compile window right up and you can go through the errors/warnings and let us know what they are. Many/most are probably insignificant and will not affect operation at all.

I unchecked every box and there are still errors...and for good reason..

invalid mnemonic
LD H7.09

invalid mnemonic and invalid function names
LD_P On
CMP(020) C500 #7
AND P_EQ
MOV(021) #7 D2850
????
????
????
????

Those are what I uploaded directly from the processor into CX-Programmer 3.20.
I've read that if the program was originally compiled with SYSWIN, they compile differently, but the former electrician swears he always used CX-Programmer with no problems...

Last edited:
3.2 has that option as compile ompatible with syswin, 9.3 has the box as shown in the link. I've tried both and unchecked all the program check options, but still get "compare fail" and "program check fail" also if I click compile, I get about 100 errors...
I guess my real question is...
How can the program in the PLC NOT be identical to the program in CX-Programmer if I just uploaded from the processor without using a saved copy?

Last edited:
but the former electrician swears he always used CX-Programmer with no problems...

electrician not bordering the compile result as long they can monitoring/troubleshooting,

the previous compile result as long no given error only warning they proceed the
program probably with minor alter,

you have loaded a program from hard disk and go online without upload the program first this a big mistake,

you make a edit and send the alternation,this is big mistake,

upload the program first and go offline and save as new file as "suspicious'' program the check any miscellaneous

At this time, other than the small change which would be a mild improvement, the program is working to control a complicated system. The "errors" appear to be critical values in the program. I recently read that cx-programmer adds a blank rung at the end of every ladder and that I should upload and immediately download. I have tried to make the edit offline and download in program mode, but it would not compile because of the approximately 100 errors. Therefore, I don't think I can get it to download without any changes. If I correct the errors and download, I am sure I would not be able to put the original back in place and the result may be a system down until all the programming is redone. I have installed syswin, and next time they are down I can see if I can get online and get it to accept an online edit. Does the programming application compile/decompile with whatever format it uses? i.e. a swp file on the processor would upload as a cxp file in cx-programmer? That may be why it fails to compare the uploaded program with the processor program?

I do not understand. I am not aware of CX-P adding a blank rung at the end of each ladder - have never seen evidence of it and I use CX-P all the time and have since it first came out.
I think it is highly unlikely that you will get Syswin to work with the processor - it is very old.
Post your program and perhaps I can have a look for you.
What is your version of CX-P? I keep mine up to date all the time and it is important to know your version.

Possible Solution?

I got ahold of the former electrician who has the old XP computer. He got online and had no problem making changes. Now I suspect the problem is either that the 9.3 version I have is "lite" with a junior license (which does not show the CS1G in its choices of processors), the fact that I don't have a straight serial port(just USB adapter), the version 3.2 is not compatible with windows 7, or a combination of all the above. We will need to upgrade software to make sure it is full version and windows 7 compatible. So far it is the only thing that makes sense to me....