Tags/addressing PanelBuilder32 on ControlNet

Microbictomb

I have a PanelView 1000 Standard and a ControlLogix processor with a CNB module. Scheduled through RSNetWorx and I'm in the green for comms but trying to create a tag for a single BOOL just to test and it keeps giving the error "Address is invalid".

I added the PV to the I/O tree. In PB32 I created the tag under Unscheduled and named it Run and in the address I put in the address of the first bit of the PV from RSLogix5000 (PanelView:I.Data[0].0). I'm assuming that's the issue but I cannot find how to label it correctly in the manual or searching through the forums.

Hopefully my setup was correct, under the terminal setup I added the CNB module's name as the node name, node address is 2(CNB is node 2) 1 0(the slot number of the processor, is that correct?)

In the manual it does look like possibly this PV is not supported for Unscheduled but when I tried to make a Scheduled tag it errors stating it must begin with "SI" or "SO" and no combination of how I did it would work, just kept saying "Invalid characters in address".

For an unscheduled tag, make sure you are using the controlnet-unscheduled tab in the tag editor. Under tag name use 'run', then under address use 'run', which will have to be created in the clc controller tags.
For controlnet-scheduled, under address the format is SI0:0/0 and so on.

Last edited:
Have a look here for some examples if you have a TechConnect Contract...

17961 - Program Example: ControlLogix - CNB --- ControlNet --- Standard PanelView (ControlNet Application Example)
Access Level: TechConnect

19533 - PanelView (Standard) ControlNet : Program example to illustrate valid Data Types for ControlNet PanelView to ControlLogix
Access Level: TechConnect

Hope they help.

Regards,
George

For an unscheduled tag, make sure you are using the controlnet-unscheduled tab in the tag editor. Under tag name use 'run', then under address use 'run', which will have to be created in the clc controller tags.
For controlnet-scheduled, under address the format is SI0:0/0 and so on.

I tried using run in tag name, address and the name of the array in the PLC. It still says Address invalid. I tried making a scheduled tag instead with address SI0:0/0 and it says "Cannot read from an SI Scheduled Data File tag address."

I do not have a TechConnect contract either.

In RSLogix5000 the panelview I add to the I/O tree has the "Use Scheduled connection over ControlNet" checkbox checked and greyed out.

It also has a yellow exclamation point for a fault stating "Not Configured to send scheduled data."

Verified in RSNetWorx the connection is scheduled as far as I can tell from how the manual says to set it up.

I was able to get the tags labeled to not error as invalid but still get the error "Cannot read from an SI Scheduled Data File tag address.".

Resolved.

Set the tag as a "Latched" bit with the address as SI... From the Help menu I changed it to SO and would still get an error as either cannot read or cannot write. I changed the tag to a "Maintained" bit and assigned it to a LED on my test bench and it worked. On to making graphics and buttons to control my Kuka robot now :)

Last edited: