TON Best Practice

Bbarnett

What is the 'best/simplest' way to write code in an Allen Bradley PLC for keeping an output on for a set time?

I use the GRT block on the .acc bit to reset. When I tried having the .DN bit reset the timer it always loops and loops and loops which doesn't make sense to me.

try using the TT (Timer Timing) bit to keep the output on ...

in MOST cases you don't need an RES (Reset) instruction for a TON timer ... just make the rung condition FALSE - and the TON will "reset" itself ...

Similar Topics

I have examples from Logix 500 of how to do a slow increase to the speed reference value, while the operator is holding down a button on the HMI...
Replies
Views
Hi, Should a E-stop button connect to the input of a PLC or directly on the output side of the coil? That is --E-STOP(Input)-----PLC------Coil...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm using FactoryTalk View ME V10. I created a valve as a global object with multiple parameters and when the object is being used at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm quite new to Rockwell PLC and currently trying to implement the following if Sw1 then for i:=1 to 20 by 1 do xEnable := 1...
Replies
Views
FactoryTalk View ME running on PanelView Plus 7, connected to Compact GuardLogix 5380 PLC Customer is asking for a physical push button to be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom