Omron SCU-22 Unit..serial input from Device

taward31

Hi all,

I am newish to omron software/equipment but not new to PLC's

I am using omron sysmac studio software (their latest and greatest) what was wrong with cx programmer... I don't know always found it brilliant to work with,

Anyway

I am attempting to send signals to my SCU22 ( serial comms Unit add on card ) Unit via Rs-232.

the hard ware structure is as follows

Loadcell Controller ----cable---> PLC Card

I have soldered up a cable via the omron serial connections as they differ from normal connections.

The current status of my project is as follows,

I start the PLC in Run mode and my Serial receive cmd logic (which I set up as per their sample code)

When The first communications triggers the recieve cmd it works absolutely perfectly I can see my data and it gets stored in my array!

Brilliant right ? thats what I thought when I first saw this happen.

After the first trigger occurs and works almost perfectly, The second trigger then occurs and I do not got my data refreshed.....

This cmd signal Function I am using is supposed to clear the buffer after completion.

Im perplexed, ?So went through the manual and error messages etc

got the following, only error that is coming up is...the "Port 1 - Over_RunErr"

Scrolled through the manual and found a message saying that the buffer is not clearing or is being overfilled.

The load cell controller is a Ranger 5000 is the device rating in auto transit mode....

I have used start/end characters in multple different arrangements to no avail

any help would e appreciated