How to Export Tags from Factory Talk Local Station into CSV file?

laisp

Hello all, the question I have is that there's a tag database which I know for a fact could export all the tags into a CSV file, however certain tags especially those that's directly read from the Device we created under communications that's remotely and dynamically reading the tag names from the controller, ie PLC. Henceforth they are not saved under the tag database they will only appear under the object we add the animations to, is there a possible way I could export those into a CSV files as well? Please refer to the pictures for clarity. Thank You ALL!

FTME.jpg

I've used two different methods to get a list of the direct reference tags (ie. not HMI tags):

Use Application Documenter
Here is a rough list of the steps. Basically you will create an HMTL report of your application and then copy/paste the tag list into Excel.

1. Open FTView > Tools > Application Documenter
  2. Select your project
  3. Check box all the displays you want
  4. File > Export to HTML
  5. Open the HTML file in your web browser
  6. Per display, open the link to that display and copy/paste the "Tags Used" into an Excel sheet.

Use XML Export
You can export your graphic displays to XML format.
Either write an Excel VBA program to read the files, or open the XML files in Excel (using the Source Task Pane option when prompted).

If neither of the XML ideas sound familiar, then just use the Application Documenter method.
Let me know that's what you were looking for.