Codesys OPC server

phuz

Has anyone used this piece of software? I am trying to troubleshoot some issues surrounding this OPC server on a customer machine.

Recently, the entire computer will need to be rebooted because two of the data channels lose communication. I don't know if it is related to the PLCs being powered off at certain times, but it is always the same two PLC channels.

I checked with my son and he said that the OPC server will disconnect when the project is downloaded after an address change. The reason for this is that the server has to check the SYM file for these changes. I asked him to join the forum so that he can answer you directly.

Good luck,

Yosi

Yes, I am familiar with downloads breaking the OPC link, but there are no downloads occurring to cause these failures.

put this question in codesys.com forum and tell what version and what type of PLC is used all with version numbers etc.
in most cases it is because updating will be needed on the PLC side.