Control Logix PLC -----> dcs

Seyed Mohamed

Apart from modbus communication module,
is it possible to send data through Ethernet TCP/IP (1756-EN2T) itself to dcs from control logix plc.

Thanks.

Thanks, In that case how to map the I/Os at plc side. any manuals available??

The I/O data is embedded in the module defined tags that are created when you put the I/O modules into the configuration...

Example : You put an Input module in slot 2, it will create two tags Local:2:C and Local:2:I.

The "C" tag contains module configuration that is downloaded to the module when the "connection" is established.

The "I" tag contains a 32-bit DINT member (.Data) that is the data from the 32 inputs. If only 16-bit module is used, then the lowest 16-bits of the DINT member is used.

For an output module it creates 3 tags - example Local:3:C, Local:3:O, and Local:3:I.

"C" tag is module configuration.

"I" tag is module and channel status data

"O" tag contains the .Data element, again that's a 32-bit DINT.

For mapping you could simply copy these DINT elements into/out of DINT arrays for communication with the DCS.

Thank you sir, for ur kind elaborate answer.
Could you please tell about DINT array communication and configuration too.
Is it same as messaging between AB PLCs?

Regards.

Seyed, it would be better if you provided more detail...

1. What DCS are you using ?
2. What data you need to communicate ?
3. How much data ?
4. How frequently does the data have to be sent ?
5. What firmware revision is your ControlLogix ?

I'm not sure I can help, but if you provide the above information, then someone else may be able to.

1. What DCS are you using ? Emerson DeltaV
2. What data you need to communicate ? Digital and Analog values
3. How much data ? Digital Signal-20, Analog Signal-7
4. How frequently does the data have to be sent ? Current status/values required for monitoring
5. What firmware revision is your ControlLogix ? V19

I think I would prefer the DCS reads this data, rather than the PLC sending it. You could parcel it up into 1 tag - create your own UDT for this.

I've done a bit of reading, and can't see anywhere that CIP is mentioned.

Someone else may know the answers... try starting a new thread with "Sending ControlLogix data to Emerson DeltaV" as the subject to capture a suitable audience.

I dont know Emerson, but can it be an OPC Client ?
If so, you can use RSLinx as OPC Server, and then connect to the Controllogix PLC that way. The Emerson Delta V can then poll any varaiable in the Controllogix CPU.