factorytalk view issue

shkoko2000

i have application open at factorytalk studio and at screen called trip1 as found at pic below there are all trips of programs when i open one of them to see the caption command, i found this line for state 0"/*S:0 [PLC]First_Out_List_En[1]*/" and for state 1 "/*S:0 [PLC]First_Out_List_Es[1]*/"
and for error "First Out"
at rslogix5000 ,there is no tag with names "First_Out_List_Es[1] or First_Out_List_En[1]" however, he takes the tag from plc through "plc" node
so i need to understand this command "/*S:0 [PLC]First_Out_List_Es[1]*/
what is S:0?
* stands for what?
where does he get this tags?
what is the meaning of this commands?
note the tag at plc is called first_out only from the function block

1.png 3.png 2.jpg

Hello,

Well this one is a bit out of my pay grade as they say, but I will take a small bunt at it and we will see if a Guru comes along batting clean-up and goes ahead and knocks one out of the park to clear the bases.

S:0 is an Arithmetic Status Bit
I myself am not sure where to view this in RSLogix5000, but your question has got me curious about this also.

However if you have a copy of RSLogix500:
Look under Processor Status > "Math"

Here you will see some S:0 bits.

Just guessing here but I would "Guess" that the [1] that is at the end of your expression is pointing to the bit 1 of the S:0 INT, DINT or what-have-u, which in RSLogix500 is the Overflow bit.

Don't bet any $ on my "Guess" here, but lets see if I managed to make it on base or if we here "Swing and a Miss" LOL

GURU on deck, you are up.

Also just for S&G try to put S:0 (or possibly S:0[1]) in the search box and hit "Find All" (in the RSLogix5000 program)
You may have to refine your search to look in the function block you speak of.
(Again just shooting in the dark here, since no one else has yet)
Cant hurt to try.

Let us know what you find, I am curious.

BCS

Last edited:
The syntax doesn't involve Status flags, but rather embedded Strings in the captions of a Multi-State Indicator object.

If the tags are not in the ControlLogix, then the FactoryTalk application can't read them.

Was this project running previously, or is it something that the OP is being asked to complete or take over ?

Sorry, nothing to do with a math register.
The "/*S:0 [PLC]First_Out_List_Es[1]*/ is an embedded formatting command for a text display in FTView to display a string tag (pointed to by: [PLC]First_Out_List_Es[1]. S:0 means display the entire string if possible. S:3 would be display only the first three characters.

So swing and a miss!

Now I know, Thanks guys.

Still got a long way to go with this stuff, my guess seemed logical even though it turned out to be dead wrong.

I apologize to the OP for my bad "Guess".

BCS