Doubts in High Speed Sorting

anoop6543

Hi,

I have a doubt in High speed sorting systems, i want to know what is the best way for high speed sorting of a tiny object as 2 cm.

The system has continuous flow of objects , i need to classify into two different categories, i determine the category by scanning the product with camera imaging and mat lab processing.

If i use timer which calculates the time product takes to reach from camera to end of conveyor, if its of A category i need to blow of and if its B category i need not blow off. How do i tackle this problem when i have a pretty high speed of products moving conveyor. if i use timers , then i need so many timers and have to reset them n no. of times.

Even I have a sensor at the end of conveyor which can detect the presence of object.

Please give your suggestion on this problem

Last edited:
Shift register.
Load it as objects are detected upstream.
Load with 1's for a blow-off detect, 0 for non-blow-off.
At the exit sensor, you unload the shift register for each object. If you unload a 1, blow it off.

Thank You for the reply, i am using wago PLC along with codesys software, the instruction for shift registers here are SHR and SHL , i dont find these similar to the ones in other PLCs like , BSR and BSL .

In SHR and SHL. yo just have inputs as the word or byte to be shifted and bits to be shifted and output word.
Can you answer if you have any previous experience with Wago PLC or Codesys software.

SNAP22.JPG

Think of the shift register as a long conveyor. As you put stuff on the conveyor (input) the conveyor moves (clock pulse- movement). At a certain point down the conveyor you have the output (reject) This output is just so many pulses away from the input.
You do not require a timer for your application. If the product needs to be rejected then load the shift register (input) with ones. If the product is good then this too is loaded into the shift register but it is zeros.

Hope this helps,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca

Create your own shift then, a bit shift is really only a multiply (shift left) or divide (shift right) by two.

Again, assuming a linear product / conveyor speed, every 1.0 cm movement for example, you multiply your register by 2, then add a 1 for a blow-off, and 0 for a non-blow-off.

To examine whether or not to blow-off 20 cm downstream, look at the 20th bit, if true, blow-off, if not, don't. If you need more than 31 cm (this example uses a DINT), just shift the rolled off bits into other words.

Can you check my previous reply regarding shift registers in the Codesys, answer if u have any experience with codesys software

Can you check my previous reply regarding shift registers in the Codesys, answer if u have any experience with codesys software

That code will not allow for you to load a single bit into a shift register from what I read. You are simply multiplying an input value by four.

Last edited:
@rdrast , That was an example given in help of codesys , its not my code actually. I just wanted to show you an example.