logic 5000 messaging help needed (DH+ bridge)

Russ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

We're upgrading a plc5 to control logix and are using a dhrio card to communicate with the DH+ network... but I can't figure out the bridging.

The plc 5 message instruction looked like this:

Data table address: N15:15
Local node (octal): 75
Local remote: remote
Remote link: type: remote
Remote station address: 40
Remote bridge: 2

What do I do? The dhrio is in slot 1.

DH+ bridging can be tricky, but the DHRIO does support it. You just have to be sure that all of the Link IDs for all the devices are set correctly.

Go into the old PLC-5 program and determine what the Link ID value was for the DH+ channel used by the MSG instruction.

That's the Link ID you'll have to assign to the 1756-DHRIO's DH+ channel using the DHRIO configuration applet in RSLinx Classic.

Thanks. I matched link ids, then set up a dh+ bridge with 2 links. I can see the target plc (node 40).

But no luck so far.

My path was set up like this:
1,1,2 (channel A due to 230k), 8#75,1,1,3 (channel b), 8#40

The bridge is at 75. Slot 1 channel b contains the network with my target plc (node 40).

My source link is 6 and the destination link is 2.

I have pics of everything, if anyone's curious. I even have ibuprofen lol