Siemens Profibus ports

Hello experts

Please according to attached how can I know each PIW or PID assigned to any function

For example how I know that PID824 is reprsent speed command or any thing else???

profibus.jpg

You would need to look at the configuration of the device to determine what information might be assigned to each address.

On a separate, but related, note: it isn't good practice to read/write individual items to a profibus device as it may cause data consistency errors. Instead, make a UDT that corresponds to the write data and another for the read data then use SFC 14/15 to transfer data between the slave and the master.

Nick

Addresses

Dear Moustafa,

Refering to your attached photo, nothing shows that you are using PID 824.

The photo shows that you are using discrete inputs in slots 1-11.

Would you give more elaboration on your problem?

Regards
Hagos

Dear Moustafa,

Refering to your attached photo, nothing shows that you are using PID 824.

The photo shows that you are using discrete inputs in slots 1-11.

Would you give more elaboration on your problem?

Regards
Hagos

thanks for replaying

you are right
I am asking about how I could know every I/O word function assigned to profibus as shown in the picture

profibus device

Hello,

Adding a profibus device in the hardware config als demands IO adress specifications for this added node. When you add a profibus drive for example you need to make a ppo type configuration wich basically configures a start adress and a length of words to communicate with the node. The detailed specification of each word is defined in the device itself. You need to read the manual of the device you are adding on the bus to understand how it communicates with the adresses you see in the hwconfig.

Kind regards
G

thanks for replaying

you are right
I am asking about how I could know every I/O word function assigned to profibus as shown in the picture