FactoryTalk View Alarms / Events

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
I am having some issues setting up a new install of FactoryTalk View SE.
In particular the Alarms and Events server.

If this sounds familiar, I have posted a few questions about SE over the last few months.

Computer is Windows 7 Pro/SP1 with 8 gig RAM.
This is a new install of FTV, version 8.
A bit more info:
This is a local station project
I have ALMD and ALMA instructions programmed in L63 processor.
In SE, I have configured RSLinx Enterprise to point to L63, and confirmed communications is working.
The FTAE is enabled in Enterprise.
I have added a FTAE server, it shows as being active when I right click and check server status.
There is a log file configured / connected to the project.

On a display, I have added a log viewer object and an alarm summary object.
When I test the display, the log file shows alarm activity, but the summary cannot connect to the FTAE server.
The memory usage spikes to 8 gig, the computer bogs down (slows) and nothing can be done other than force a reboot.
I have tried removing the RSLinx Enterprise and FTAE server, rebooting and then adding them again. No luck.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing the.
FYI - I have also put in a support ticket with ROK, but I am hoping for a faster answer here.

Update:
The ALMD / ALMA instructions in the L63 show:
Delivery: Done
1 subscriber, no communication error

In Se, the summary is displaying "Waiting for active server notification. Retrying initialization "

Just thought I would provide an update to my issue.

It is solved!

The solution was to reinstall Windows 7.
The problem was a conflict with a manufacturers software utility and SE.

The moral - always reformat and reinstall the OS on a new computer.

Hi All,
I am having some issues setting up a new install of FactoryTalk View SE.
In particular the Alarms and Events server.

If this sounds familiar, I have posted a few questions about SE over the last few months.

Computer is Windows 7 Pro/SP1 with 8 gig RAM.
This is a new install of FTV, version 8.
A bit more info:
This is a local station project
I have ALMD and ALMA instructions programmed in L63 processor.
In SE, I have configured RSLinx Enterprise to point to L63, and confirmed communications is working.
The FTAE is enabled in Enterprise.
I have added a FTAE server, it shows as being active when I right click and check server status.
There is a log file configured / connected to the project.

On a display, I have added a log viewer object and an alarm summary object.
When I test the display, the log file shows alarm activity, but the summary cannot connect to the FTAE server.
The memory usage spikes to 8 gig, the computer bogs down (slows) and nothing can be done other than force a reboot.
I have tried removing the RSLinx Enterprise and FTAE server, rebooting and then adding them again. No luck.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing the.
FYI - I have also put in a support ticket with ROK, but I am hoping for a faster answer here.

Hello Mick:

I don't use the alma and almd,because the alam is so many. how can i alam in the factorytalk view site edition(local).pls give me some document ,thank you .my email :[email protected]

I see you've got your answers in the other thread you started.
But either use HMI Tag alarms (Check the SE user manual)
Or Use Alarms and event tag alarms with th elinks you received in the other thread.