FT View Studio ME - accessing a position from an HMI tag

pincent

Hello all,

I am having problems trying to use an HMI tag just like a parameter to access a position in a PLC table.
For example, I have a PLC tag named "TABLE" of type REAL[10].
I also have a HMI tag named "POSITION" of type "Integer".
Writing "{[PLC]TABLE[POSITION]}" does not work...
Any idea?

Software: FT View Studio ME 7 + Logix Designer 21

Don't do that in the HMI. Handle all of your indexed moves in the PLC, and just read/write a constant location from the HMI.
Believe me, it is much easier in the end, and simpler to translate to different HMI's.

Hello rdrast,

Thanks for your reply. I am kind of advanced in my programming and don't want to redo it all...
Do you know if there's a way to access a value in a table by using a variable index (Can be a parameter or other way...)

Make 10 different screens. One for each entry.
If you were using SE, I'd say do it all in VBA (adding another layer of programming and indirection, and still getting back to the same result of only referencing a single tag on the HMI, but /shrug).

Really ??

So are we really saying that ME (I have 8.0) isn't capable of passing a variable parameter to a tag?

My example is very similar to the one above. I have a UDT called PumpSettings. Now there's an array tag called Pump[8] that is a PumpSettings type. One of the items in this is flowmeter data [REAL]. So I have a PLC tag called Pump[5].Flowrate that has data for Pump 5. Now seperate logic determines which pump number is active PumpActive[DINT].

So what I want the HMI to do is have a GoTo button to open up a pump status screen that only looks at the active pump.

I'm using parameter lists is several other places in the HMI, Pump[#1].Flowrate, and am comfortable with those, but those only help me when I have separate buttons for each pump to pass a specific value: 1, 2, 3.... Is there really no way to pass a parameter value called PumpActive to a screen to achieve the intent of Pump[PumpActive].Flowrate ???

Thanks for the help. I'm coming from my past Wonderware experience, not FactoryTalk so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious.