BSL shift register problem

prlja

Hello everyone,

I am tracking multiple products and I'm using BSL instruction for each product.
Products are loaded in trays which are 5 positions apart. I need to know how to start each shift register from different bit, for example product 1 loads into
B3:0/0 and it's length is 44
Second product needs to be 5 trays delayed so I need to start at B3:3/5, length 39
Third product needs to start at B3:6/10, length 34
I understand BSL instructions only permit word level addressing. What is the best way to work around this problem ?
I'm using RSLogix 500 and 5/05 CPU.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Two possibilities come to mind.

a. Inject the desired bit into a given position within a word with a MVM instruction.

2. I believe these processors also have indirect bit addressing, which might be useful to accomplish the same thing.

Don't try to save some leftover bits in a word to start another shift register. Start it fresh from another word.

For multiple product status, which is updated at different stations I prefer to work around a group of words [tracking bits in that word] and use copy/move instructions to shift the data.

Regards

chavak +1

Especially tracking with multiple entries and exits along the same conveyer

one word (16 bits on the SLC platform) per station each bit represents a different product (entry and/or exit station)