Problems with vba conversion

Drewcas92

Hello,
I am converting an rsview32 application to 8.0 factorytalk SE

My displays and tags converted successfully(totally unexpected). The only thing that didn't convert is my vba code. basically I copied and pasted from the old application, matched up the reference types and set it up to run on screen launch. It complies ok but on run-time I get 'Error 429 ActiveX component can't create object'

I strongly believe it's an issue with the reference types, my question is are there any known problems with old reference types not working on the 64bit factory talk view?

the types i'm using on the old are:
Visual Basic for Application
RSV
OLE Automation
Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library
RSView32 Object Model
Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0(SP6)

Any tips are appreciated

Are you using the same references in View SE?
There is also the case that in SE, ALL VBA code is tied only to the display it is written with. There is no global, or stand-alone VBA code in SE.

I set up all my references to match yes.
I also have set one display to host all of my VB code, and have that window launch in a startup macro and it is set to run in the background. I get the message, ActiveX component could not be created

What control/component are you trying to instantiate?
VBA in FTView cannot create objects that are graphical at all, they have to exist prior to use.***

----
*** Edit to add - Yes, FTView VBA can create a graphical object on an open display.... even an ActiveX object, but in the case of an ActiveX object, it involves so much hacking and trickery and bad coding that it really is a horrible idea to even attempt it.

Gotcha. Well I found out that part of my problem was that yes, the old application was creating graphics. I have gotten all of that fixed. My next mountain to climb is getting basic functions into this thing. This application is pulling a recipe out of a spreadsheet, populating the values into the application which can be edited from there and transferred to the PLC. Not sure exactly what the PLC is doing but I don't think that will effect what I am trying to do to the application. Thank you for your help thus far and any advice you can continue to offer.