Powerflex40 Over Prosoft/Compactlogix Profibus

GTUnit

Can someone Please help me figure out how to write drive parameters over Profibus. Help Help

Controller: Compactlogix L43
Profibus Master: Prosoft MVI69-PDPMV1 in chassis profibus card
Drives: Powerflex 40 with 22-COMM-P cards

Network is up and drives are visible/controllable

I'm a little bit confused. If you are using Rockwell drives and PLC's, why are you using Profibus, instead of something supported natively on both devices?

In a Siemens system, there are prebuilt blocks to send parameters over a profibus or profinet network. I don't know how you would do it from a logix.

I'm a little bit confused. If you are using Rockwell drives and PLC's, why are you using Profibus, instead of something supported natively on both devices?

Our company has a history with Siemens so there are some left over "standards" for our custom equipment. Drives are on profi as well to keep everything on the same network. Did not say I like it, its just what I have to work with.