studio 5000 discs?

Ryan Ramsey

I ordered the lite edition of studio 5000 and received CDs for the service edition, mini edition, lite edition, Standard Edition, standard with networks addition, Professional Edition.Should I have received all of these discs?

DVDs are cheaper than handling labor, so I think they just ship it all.

If you don't anticipate every upgrading features, just install the software off the Lite DVD.

If you want to install any of the higher-feature Editions, the activation you have will just turn on the eligible features, though some of them will run during the 7-day Grace Period.

When we first ordered Studio 5000 v21 Professional Edition with RSNetWorx we only received its DVD, a DVD for the previous versions of RSLogix 5000 and a FactoryTalk View Studio v7 DVD.

I would think it strange that they sent you all of the Editions. That has not been my experience to date, but different strokes I guess? They do often give you the full installation files for certain software which you unlock with the necessary activation.

We did not ask for the View Studio DVD, yet they sent it, and we didn't complain.

Regards,
George

Hi

I always taught that the base software was the same and the licence just unlocked different items, I have learned something new again today.
I had to upgrade rs linx one time and I taught I only had to install the gateway licence to upgrade from lite.Maybe linx is different

Is this the same when you add function blocks or statement list on that you must install software
I have the full intergrator licence i forget how lucky I am

Donnchadh

Hi Donnachadh,

Yes, RSLinx Classic is one of the software products I was thinking of that includes everything in one installation package and you unlock features with the different activation licences.

For RSLogix/Studio 5000, each Edition has its own installation package. We originally only had Mini Edition and when we upgraded to Professional Edition with RSNetWorx we received new discs instead of just an activation licence.

G.

p.s. Sorry for "a" in your name. It was a typo, I hate spelling people's names incorrectly!

Hi George

I will forgive you this time!!!!,I can't say much using I phone and it often has crazy spellings when I read back of course after posting, just saw my name in my own last post.

Come on Tipp

Dnnchadh

Tipp abú! (Up Tipp!)

Seeing as the Kildare Hurlers (& footballers of late) don't be up to much anyway, I support Tipp in the Hurling ("Tipperary County" for the head scratchers). Always have done and so does my Uncle. His father, my Grandfather, whom I was named after, God rest him, was from Clonmel and was a big Hurling fan and both of them played for Clonmel Og.

I hope they can pull it off today but Waterford are the only unbeaten team so far this year. They are on fire at the moment. Tipp will need a big game from Callanan and O'Dwyer up front, Maher in the middle. Home advantage in Thurles might help if they can get off to a good start and make Waterford come out and play.

Should be a cracking game!

waterford_vs_tipp_hurling-slider2.jpg