S7 CP343-1 IT 1GX20 Web Server with Android browser

Jooster

Hello,

I just bought myself a CP343-1 IT 1GX20 card for my domotica system.
I tought I would be able to control my house via any web browser but now it seems that every client needs to have a Java enabled browser to use the Java Applets or Javabeans.

And most of my devices are Android tablets and smartphones and Android doesnt have any Java enabled browsers... (IOS neither I believe)
Its only supported on the big Pc OS'ses like Windows, Linux and OSX.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? (client- or serverside)

Thanks

Hi,
there is no easy way to realise this with this CP. It would be easier if you get a new PN-CPU, where the you can get access to the PLC variables without java.

There are some apps in the google playstore available, with you can read or write variables in your plc. But they are not using web-technology.

If you have a local webserver running, you can run a server software on device, which reads the variables from the plc, and displays them on a website.
I've written a small php module which can connect to a S7 plc (available in german SPS-Forum).

The Java-Code which is delivered with the IT-CP includes a S7 client, the same as e.g. libnodave or snap7 does.

Hi,
there is no easy way to realise this with this CP. It would be easier if you get a new PN-CPU, where the you can get access to the PLC variables without java.

There are some apps in the google playstore available, with you can read or write variables in your plc. But they are not using web-technology.

If you have a local webserver running, you can run a server software on device, which reads the variables from the plc, and displays them on a website.
I've written a small php module which can connect to a S7 plc (available in german SPS-Forum).

The Java-Code which is delivered with the IT-CP includes a S7 client, the same as e.g. libnodave or snap7 does.

Thank you for the info

I am very interested in this php code as i could make it run on a Openwrt router (without the need of a energy sucking pc server running 24/24)
Do you have a link to it?

Edit: Ok i found it.
http://www.sps-forum.de/hochsprachen-opc/32409-php-siemens-plc.html

That looks like some advanced php coding thanks
I could let the server output a static html page with this and let some javascript refresh every 5seconds or so (or maybe some other html techniques that wont let the page "flicker" every 5 seconds)

Last edited:
Hi,
please check the version I've attached later in the thread, there were some problems I have fixed.

A more convenient demo using ajax to refresh the data you can find in this post:
http://www.sps-forum.de/hochsprachen-opc/32409-php-siemens-plc-11.html#post490998

But you have to remember, that with this solution every client who opens the website, uses one connection in the S7-PLC. The CP has 8 connections I think, so it should not be the limit for some home automation.

There is an app in the google playstore which starts a webserver with included php. So it's possible to run the program on an android device. I have tested it with a Samsung tablet, and it works. But it's not convenient if you have multiple devices, because then you have to copy the data on each device.