Micrologix Analog I/O Problems

tekbiker

I have a Micrologix 1100 with one IF4 in it atm. When I install another IF4 I get a hard fault. Is there an addressing issue I have over looked.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Did you add the module to your I/O Configuration?

If not get online with the controller, clear the fault, enter program mode and add the module, and press save. (or better yet "save as" then give this configuration a new file name, that way you still have your original file as well as this new one.)

Or add the module offline and then download to the controller.

As far as addressing if you only have the micrologix and the (NOW) 2 expansion modules, then the addressing of the module you just put in will be I:2.0 - I:2.3 for the 4 channels of your AI module.

BCS

Last edited:
I did add the card to my IO config. However, when I did a check IO. It told me that there was an identical card detected and asked if I wanted to keep the advanced settings on the other cards and removed the card from the IO.

I did add the card to my IO config. However, when I did a check IO. It told me that there was an identical card detected and asked if I wanted to keep the advanced settings on the other cards and removed the card from the IO.

Hmm that is odd, couple of more questions for you.

How many Expansion Modules do you have on the 1100 before you add the additional IF4?
You can only have a max of 4 Expansion Modules.

Where are you doing a "check IO" from.

When you get the fault are you going to "Processor Status" > Errors and looking in the Error Description box to see what the error is?

Can you do a screen shot of your I/O Config and post it to the forum?
Like this one below, ( My screen shots suck so hopefully yours are better)

AI Module.jpg

I have on my IO list
0 - Bul. 1763
1 - 1762-IQ16
2 - 1762-1F4

All channels are
Filter = 60hz, 450ms update
Input Range = 4-20Ma
Data Format = Raw/Proportional

I will have to get the hard fault number later. Have operational commitments atm.

Last edited:
Just manually add the card offline then download the new configuration to the controller and see what you get.
I see no reason for this not to work. (Maybe someone else sees something I am missing)

BCS

Just re-stating what has been said before... In a different way.

Your I-O list needs to look like this, once you have added the second IF4 card to the configuration:

0 - Bul. 1763
1 - 1762-IQ16
2 - 1762-1F4
3 - 1762-IF4

Just manually add the card offline then download the new configuration to the controller and see what you get.
I see no reason for this not to work. (Maybe someone else sees something I am missing)

BCS

When I do that the plc hard faults. I don't remember the fault code, but says duplicate card detected.

Can you post the file (its .RSS file) zip it first. The one that shows the error.

Check and recheck the ribbon cable.