RSLogix5000 License

agdacanay77

To All Gurus,

I have RSLogix 5000Ver.14 , 16, 17, & 19 with license. If i updated to version 20 does the existing license will support version 20?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Allan

Yes. Your existing RSLogix 5000 license will allow you to download the same Edition at version 20 from their website...

SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS

Go to "Software Downloads by Serial Number".

You must have the current product serial number and the Company name registered against it to validate and proceed to the downloads section.

Regards,
George

Hi

It will but from memory ver 21 up will not as I think the license was changed then. If your license is in support it will work up to the current version 26

Donnchadh

You did not indicate what type / series of license you have.
It it the old EVMove system, it will not work past version 19.
If you are using FactoryTalk Activation it will.

If it is the older type then Rockwell will assist you in migrating it to FactoryTalk Activation.

Hi

It will but from memory ver 21 up will not as I think the license was changed then. If your license is in support it will work up to the current version 26

Donnchadh

The license is valid for all versions. But there are hardware limitations to using v21+. For ControlLogix firmware v21+ requires an L7x processor and only newer CompactLogix are compatible.