Cp3 communication cable

Seyed Mohamed

Is it possible to to connect 1747-CP3 cable to 1747-UIC converter(with dip switch @ RS232) instead serial-usb converter to communicate 1756-L61(Logix5561) controller and Laptop.
Will this works??

Thanks..

Hi

Yes you can but someone will confirm this as I have only used it to connect to a pv using the straight through cable
You will need the set up the uic and install the driver
What version of windows are you using as I think (not sure ) it will only work with Windows pro

Donnchadh

Hi

Yes but when you plug it in they should automatically install
But watch to make sure they do and check the system to see which comm port it has been assigned to as you will this for rs Linx

Donnchadh

Thanks.

I did but found no installation happened.
But having sold green light on 1747-UIC and COMM port showing: serial port USB multiplication cable (COM5)
Unfortunately i don't have any plc near to check.

Is it possible to to connect 1747-CP3 cable to 1747-UIC converter(with dip switch @ RS232) instead serial-usb converter to communicate 1756-L61(Logix5561) controller and Laptop.
Will this works??

Thanks..

As long as the port on your PLC is configured for DH485 protocol.

Is it?