Quickpanel Cable Help

DwSoFt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I currently have 3 Quickpanels to look after in addition to numerous panelview and PV+'s. I have ProficyME and imported a project for one of the sites. made changes and uploaded via ethernet. All is good there(I found it similar to the panel views and i like the software). But the other 2 sites are not ethernet quickpanels so I need the programming cable 8pin round. It used to be the HMI-CAB-C49 but that was replaced with the GPW-CB02 I believe? I'm curious if this works with ProficyME software instead of Quick Designer. .. I found a GPW-CB02. at www.plccable.com. just want to make sure I got it figured out before I buy. there is also a CB03 on there but unsure if it will work (it's USB Instead of 9pin on the computer end)

I have never tried the Proface cloned version but they admit that not all Quick Designer versions will work with it, but they will take it back if your PME will not.
Please try it for us and let us all know for sure. ;-)
This is a replacement cable for Digital GP / Proface GPW-CB02 GPWCB02 HMI Cable Tested with Proface GP ProPB software.... some versions of QuickDesigner software will not work with our cables, we do have a 30 day money back guarantee
I have always used the TCP/GE Fanuc/GE-IP version HMI-CAB-C49, but I see that it costs about 8 times more!
I would think that one will have equal success with the USB version.

Last edited:
I PM'd Geniusintraining, and he is going to benchtest it for me and let me know before i buy. So i will let you know how he makes out.

Hi Guys,

I cant find my HMI... PM me your address and I will send you one and you can try it, I have a few Proface HMI's and Proficy but I dont know if the HMI has the same pin out as the QuickPanel

DwSoFt, Just pay the shipping if you want to try them, its 20.00 to CA or free if you have a US address that I can ship to

I'd love to try it out. Do you need my land address ot my PO Box mailing address as they are different? Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I cant find my HMI... PM me your address and I will send you one and you can try it, I have a few Proface HMI's and Proficy but I dont know if the HMI has the same pin out as the QuickPanel

DwSoFt, Just pay the shipping if you want to try them, its 20.00 to CA or free if you have a US address that I can ship to
No worries...
Thanks for the offer, but at that price, I will purchase one, can always use it with QuickDesigner if not PME.

I use GP ProPB to test our cables https://www.pro-face.com/product/soft/gppropb3.html , I know it works with all versions, you can download a demo versions of Quick Designer below

http://www.profaceamerica.com/en-US/content/quick-designer-utility-download

I am trying another version of our cable that will support QD and may also be a better fit with Proficy
GE-IP Proficy ME View uses the standard Windows interface to access the serial ports so in theory any hardware that interfaces with the standard Microsoft Windows drivers should work fine with Proficy. YMMV

I'd love to try it out.

On the way, I am sending two cables... try the one with the CD first, thats my normal one, I am also sending another one that may work if that one does not

I dont have the driver on the CD for the second cable, but using W7 you should just be able to plug it in and W7 will find the most compatible driver of the net, if not let me know and I will send you a link to install it, its a chip set that we dont use very much

Let me know how they work

Russ, offer still stands if you want to try them out (no charge)

What a great bunch of guys on this site. Been here little over 3 years and I think it's time I paid for a membership. Thank you. I look forward to the cable testing as well as future cable purchases :)

Last edited:
FYI Everyone. the CB03 cable that geniusintraining supplied me with worked perfect with A quickpanel and ProficyME on a Windows XP Machine. the CB02 did not work.