i need help or advices

guycamer

Hi for my final year project a part of my project consist to supply a house automatically by plc with hot water. then from a well i have to pump the water and supply the house which inside there a heat water (boiler)its role will be to heat the water.
Did somebody already face this kinf of problem? how can i solve it i have ideas but not too much clear .
im going to work with codesys for the control program
Thanks

what are you trying to make?

hot water boiler, means the boiler should always be full of water, so no level control. typical domestic boiler is self controlled on-off, either electrical or gas. Do you need to do this switching in your PLC?

to maintain water, you will probably have to have some kind of pressure control.

figure out what you need, and go from there. make a list of what instruments and controls you have/need. and brain storm on what the regulations might be. temperature (think legionella prevention etc) pressure. protect pump from dry running.

it's your project

Hi for my final year project a part of my project consist to supply a house automatically by plc with hot water. then from a well i have to pump the water and supply the house which inside there a heat water (boiler)its role will be to heat the water.
Did somebody already face this kinf of problem? how can i solve it i have ideas but not too much clear .
im going to work with codesys for the control program
Thanks

and how is going your project? did you finished? any new obstacles?

In google, search for images of: household hot water circuit and try to understand them.
For the cold water, you have to control a pump with the feedback signals from the well level probes (max/min) and a pressure switch. When the pressure is high in the hot water tank, you must stop the pump.

The boiler is controlled by a thermostat or a temperature probe in the hot water tank.
I hope you can figure out the rest.

make export of your program and put it in a zip here. we will comment your program.
If you made drawings and other schematics please send everything, as we will give good comment to you and your teacher.
(i use codesys Version 2.3)