I/O module not appearing in Controller Organizer

xylozium

Hi,

I am able to view the module icon and properties of an I/O module in RSLinx.

But the same module in the Studio 5000 Controller Organizer appears with a question mark. When I click on properties, it says "Module Profile/EDS File not installed". I have verified that the module profile and EDS file are installed. Again, I am able to view its icon and properties in RSLinx.

What could be the issue?

Thanks.

I am able to view the module icon and properties of an I/O module in RSLinx.

please tell us EXACTLY what module you're dealing with ... (Manufacturer, Catalog Number, Revision Number, etc.) ... the details make a difference ... if you can "see" the module in RSLinx, then Right-Click on it there – and select "Device Properties" and/or "Module Configuration" from the popup menu ... that's usually your best source of the DETAILED information that we need ...

I have verified that the module profile and EDS file are installed.

please tell us - how did you verify that the MODULE PROFILE is installed? ... that's probably the piece of the puzzle that's giving you the problem ...

BASIC IDEAS:

(1) the EDS is used by RSLinx ...

(2) the AOP is used by RSLogix/Studio 5000 ...

specifically, these two items are NOT the same thing ... just to be clear – the EDS file will NOT help you "see" the module in RSLogix/Studio 5000 ... the EDS file only works with RSLinx ...

suggestion: track down the AOP and install/reinstall it ... if that doesn't work, then post the DETAILS of the module that's causing problems and we'll try to help you move forward ... I'm teaching this week so I won't be able to contribute – but Ken Roach is probably your best resource for this type of thing ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited: