Siemens Install Files

technex

** First post **

Hi All,

I've just joined a new company and I've been tasked with supporting a lot of old installations as well as developing code and designs for new ones.

Most of the old installations are written in Siemens Simatic Step 7 V11, BUT Siemens don't offer the installation files for V11.....

The company has a valid licence for me to use, but the actual software was lost when an old laptop was damaged and nobody knows where the install files are. I've searched the web/torrent sites and contacted Siemens support but to no avail.

Would anybody be able to upload or link me to the Step 7 V11 and WinCC V11 installation files?

Many thanks

I agree. Upgrade to V13, it is much more stable.

Some projects will require tweaking but it is worth the little bit of hassle.

We've already got V13 up and running, we use it for new projects. As I said the need for V11 is to support our legacy projects. The licence key was backed up, but not the install files, there's no original disk or USB stick or anything.

We've tried upgrading, but that is extremely labour intensive as it basically requires a complete re-write. The legacy projects are very poorly documented, which doesn't help at all. There are hundreds of them, and it would involve a huge cost to re-write in V13 then visit each site and upgrade, validate and re-commission.

Most of the V11 projects are happily running away, we need V11 to be able to check on them remotely as they won't connect to V13 as far as I'm aware.

I dont see anything wrong for someone upload images to dropbox for example. I can do it maybe on weekend if anyone else has not done it yet.

Can't you upload, open, edit, and re-download V11 projects in V13? Just don't upgrade the project. I've done this in V12 with V11 files and they stay V11 files. I know there was a FAQ about it somewhere on one of the Siemens automation websites.

Can't you upload, open, edit, and re-download V11 projects in V13? Just don't upgrade the project. I've done this in V12 with V11 files and they stay V11 files. I know there was a FAQ about it somewhere on one of the Siemens automation websites.

I don't believe that works anymore. The last I remember it working was V12 SP1 (I think)

Ah ok, just looked it up, apparently you can open V11 files with V12, and V12 files with V13, but not V11 files with V13. Apparently you can, however, run versions V11 and V12 alongside V13 with just one V13 license.