SLC 5/04 M0 & M1 Modules

Oceansoul

I have an SLC 5/04 with local I/O modules in its rack, along with a 1747-SN for some remote IO. The remote IO is flex with a 1794-ASB. The processor is using M0 & M1 tables to retrieve some data from the 1747-SN (thinking about it I'm not exactly sure what, as the RIO shows in the I and O tables).

I am now wanting to add a modbus scanner card prosoft MVI46-MCM to communicate with a crowcon vortex gas detection panel that has been installed. I have read the manual for both the vortex and MVI46-MCM. This module also needs to use the M0 & M1.

I think i already know the answer to this but can an SLC have two speciality modules in the same rack?

If not what other options do i have? Unfortunately the way our system engineers are Ethernet is not really an option.

CH0 DH+ is used for comms to PLC 5 and the site SCADA.
CH1 DF1 is used for comms to PVP700.

Yes it can have multiple. I have a system with 4 SN cards and a Modbus card. Your only limitation is 256 words of Inputs and 256 words of outputs. Also there are some limitation on M files in each scanner card, but that is only for using block transfer to analog type modules.