Intouch NAD development

deljvk

Hi,

I am trying to setup a NAD on a wondeware intouch, and I have question. Without the IO server installed and activated to my client station, I won't get any value. And so I setup the IO/DA server to this client station, and now I'm getting values.

My question, is there anyway to setup the NAD without installing these servers to my client station, instead to utlize the existing server on my master NAD unit?

Thanks, and I would appreciate for your input.

:)

Hi,

I am trying to setup a NAD on a wondeware intouch, and I have question. Without the IO server installed and activated to my client station, I won't get any value. And so I setup the IO/DA server to this client station, and now I'm getting values.

My question, is there anyway to setup the NAD without installing these servers to my client station, instead to utlize the existing server on my master NAD unit?

Thanks, and I would appreciate for your input.

Anyway thanks I already figured out.

My other question, IO tags work but not memory tags on a NAD setup?

Thanks.

To use memory tags in different sessions you need to set one of the sessions up as a tagserver and create a access name to reference those tags in other sessions.

If you look up "Remote Tag Referencing" and tag servers in the user guide it should have all of the information you need, it is pretty straightforward to set up.

To use memory tags in different sessions you need to set one of the sessions up as a tagserver and create a access name to reference those tags in other sessions.

If you look up "Remote Tag Referencing" and tag servers in the user guide it should have all of the information you need, it is pretty straightforward to set up.

Hi, Thanks.

I successfully setup through ACCESSNAME:item, and I assume this is what you are referring to. Yes, it did work.

So, am I right that I need to change those on the master NAD specifically for memory tags? Basically, the master unit already exists and that they want to have a client in NAD setup.

Thanks again.

Yes, you want to make the changes on the master. It will reference itself and the other machines will reference the master.

Hi, Thanks.

I successfully setup through ACCESSNAME:item, and I assume this is what you are referring to. Yes, it did work.

So, am I right that I need to change those on the master NAD specifically for memory tags? Basically, the master unit already exists and that they want to have a client in NAD setup.

Thanks again.

Can you tell me about the servertag config and Access name in NAD setup?
I have done NAD setup for 1 Intouch server and 2 Intouch client, IO tags work but memory tags do not work.
I have read the Remote tag reference, but I can't see Access Name config in Intouch + FS Gateway.
Can you help me about Access Name config in FS Gateway + Tag server?