Magelis HMI Text Bug

scrambled

Hi,

I'm programming a Magelis HMISTO screen for the first time with Vijeo Designer and I've come across a rather unusual text display issue.

I have two text resources defined in Vijeo Designer: one for indicating ON/OFF and the other indicating FAULT/HEALTHY. I recently did a download to the HMI while preserving runtime data and it's caused some (not all) of my message displays to switch text resources. In other words, some message displays which were correctly displaying ON/OFF are now displaying FAULT/HEALTHY for some reason. Everything else works correctly.

This issue does not happen this on the HMI simulator in Vijeo Designer, only on the actual HMI hardware that I am using to test my program. I did a full download with runtime data cleared and it hasn't fixed this issue. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before...

EDIT: So I downloaded a new Service Pack for Vijeo Designer and updated the entire runtime environment on the HMI and it seems to have solved the issue. I'm still curious as to what could've caused it in the first place...

Last edited:
That's what Service Pack releases are for! :)

Have a read of the SP's documentation and see if any of the bug fixes resemble your issue.

What version are you using by the way?

Regards,
George

I was running 6.2 SP2 when I found out they pushed SP3 out very recently. Unfortunately, could not find any release notes for the service pack so I don't know what they actually fixed. Might just file this particular issue under the '**** happens' category and hope it doesn't rear its ugly head again.

I'm not at my computer at the moment, but I think all the bug fixes are in the help files for Vijeo Designer?

I'm still on v6.1 SP3, so it's of no use checking my help files.

I'm only suggesting to look because if there is something in there it would give this thread closure. If your just happy it's working and want to get on with your life, then that's fine too. ;)

Regards,
George

Yes I had a look at the help files, but they seem to only list changes for major revisions. Nothing in there that could help me with my issue unfortunately.