WinnCC flex 2008 - Trend View log time

krisrae91

Hi,

I have just set up a trend view graph which monitors two temperatures. The log time will only let me view results as far back as 8 hours. Any ideas on how to extend the log time?

Cheers

If I remember correctly, for the trend view object WinCC Flex 2008 trends display a user defined number of records/values. If you wish to change the amount of data displayed you will need to increase the trend values(TIA calls it trend values, I think its the same in WinCC flex) accordingly.

Time required / sample time = number of trend values required.

For a realtime trend view, you can have 900 (or is it 999 ?) values to display.

So for 8 hours, the cycle trigger must be set to (3600 sec/h x 8 h) / 900 = 32 sec.
If you want to look further back in time, the cycle trigger must be increased accordingly.
I do this, by having several trend views for the same variables for 1 h and 4 h respectively.

That said, for trending values far back in time you really need to use archived tag values. It costs an archives license.