DHRIO/E Not Working

blampe

All,

Got an issue that I can wrap my head around.

I have a A4 Chassis that I have a 1756-DHRIO/E Rev 7.2 in Slot 0 and a 1756-ENBT/A in Slot 2. I am using the Ethernet module to be able to look into the DH+ network from the Computer with the RSView32 Runtime and it is also running RSLinx Classic Gateway Ver 2.54. The problem is that when i browse the chassis it shows the two modules but doesnt allow me to open up the DHRIO to look at each channel A & B (Has no drop down list option to the left as usual). When I connect to the Ethernet module with a different computer with RSlinx Classic Lite ver 2.57, i am able to browse the chassis and open up the DHRIO module to look at both channels A and B.

The reason i am wanting to go through this ethernet module on the RSView32 is that the main computer that was directly connected to the DH+ network has died and was acting as the gateway for this current RSView32 computer which has no DH+ driver hardware on it but has a ethernet driver.

The thought being that if i can connect the RSView32 computer that is running with the ethernet through this A4 chassis using the ENBT card in conjuction with the DHRIO card i can OPC to the data via the RSLinx Classic Gateway locally until i can finish upgrading this whole network to all ethernet and get away from this legacy protocol (DH+).

Any Thoughts as to why I cant open up the DHRIO module from the RSLinx Classic Gateway?

It's very likely that your installation of RSLinx 2.54 doesn't have an EDS file that matches the DHRIO Series E module, so it doesn't know how to browse through it to the DH+ ports.

RSLinx 2.54 is old enough that it probably can't upload the EDS from the module, so you can just download it from RA and use the Hardware Installation utility to register it

Yes, I would agree with Ken and so would the following...

60870 - Why I can not browse with RSLinx 2.2?
Access Level: Everyone

Apart from it mentioning RSLinx v2.2, it is very specific to your problem and you can be sure it also applies to v2.54.

The EDS file is available to download from the Technote KB 57332 which is linked in the above.

Regards,
George