OT: PLCTalk on Mobile Browsers

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
With the recent thread about the "old fashioned" look of this website in mind, I took the opportunity to test it out on a brand new, very fast, mobile browser.

'Cause when Ken and Firejo go out for a check ride, we make sure to keep in touch with the important things.

Model_S_PLCTalk_Sm.jpg

The browser is in a 2015 Tesla Model S, with the standard rear-wheel-drive 85 kWh powertrain.

It was a loaner, of course; I won a 48-hour rental at a fundraiser auction for Special Olympics.

As a control systems engineer, driving a Model S gives you a series of "well, that's a great idea !" realizations, from the simple "ignition" and "gearshift" functions to the radar cruise control.

But Tuesday morning I handed the keyfob back to the salesperson, and walked to the bus stop. Sigh.

The part that scared me was the fact that you could bring up “any” web page. “Both hands on the wheel!!!”
A “THANKS” to Ken for a great time catching up and running around in the latest “high tech” mobile device.
Firejo.
P.S. It’s not “important”, it’s “im-po-ent”.
P.P.S. UNBELIEVABLE acceleration especially with no noise.

What the H!? I love how you nerds were searching PLC Talk while you were cruising! Dedicated to the cause!

Last edited: