Part Tracking using Omron Cp1EL

muzzamilbaig

Hi All,
I am trying to track rejected parts on a conveyor system.

I am using a camera to mark the bad label and then a BSL to track when it gets applied on to the bottle.

The problem I am facing is when the bottles is applied with the label the bottle is sensed before the reject shute but how do I reject the bottle with the bad label?

I have tried using a second BSL but since it is not clear which bottle will be at the reject shute it doesn't work.

Please help

Hi Garry,
Thanks for your reply.

The issue is that the bottles are not equally spaced or the number of bottles at one particular instance is not certain hence using one single output of the bit shift register is not feasible.

I would increase the frequency of the pulses on the conveyor and cascade the BSL instruction over several registers.

In the Omron controller there is a SHIFT REGISTER: SFT(010) instruction that can be used over multiple words.
http://industrial.omron.com.br/uploads/arquivos/CP1L(H)_2007_W451-E1-03_PROGRAMACAO.pdf

With the increase of conveyor pulses this will put several '1's in the shift register to track. Remember that the pulses and distance on the conveyor are related. The more pulses per distance on the conveyor will detect bottles closer together or apart.

Regards,
Garry
http://www.accautomation.ca