Rs Emulate 5000 virtual backplane issue

stallone

Hi all,

i am trying to install RS Emulate 5000.
I follow the prompts from the installation disc and i install everything, when i get to install rslinx classic lite, it almost gets to the end and i get an error to say " unable to continue installing EDS files, contact Rockwell for assistance"

My main issue is after all is installed, i cannot see the virtual backplane driver in RSWho even though i have added the driver and the EDS file for the virtual backplane.

Im using Windows XP Service pack 2
installing RS Emulate 5000 revision 24.
on the disc it has factory talk activation manager 3.1
it also has Rslinx classic ver 3.5.1

Please can someone explain what im doing wrong.
I cant seem to find anything on the knowledgbase either.

You are installing somewhat newer or later versions of software. They are not compatible back as far as XP SP2, you would have to use XP SP3 minimum...

522498 - RSLinx Classic 3.51 and above error message: " Unable to continue installing EDS Files"
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George