RS LINX successful connect failed to ID

kongshitt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Im trying to connect to a brand new machine at work and I can get RSLINX to connect and configure to the Micrologix 1400 processor, but it kicks back an error message. "Autoconfigure appears to have succeeded, however, RSLINX has failed to identify the device." I close that windw and it gives me a second window with, "STA: 00 Type: 9F TERM: 34 PROC:9F"

I open Logix500 and it sees the device but wont let me talk to it. Is it possible that they have disabled the serial port or something? I am going to attempt ethernet next.

Thanks,
Dave

Your RSLinx Classic v2.?? needs to update it's ".??"...

58355 - STA: 00 TYPE:9F TERM:34 PROC:9F As Error Message when configuring the DF1 driver with ML1400
Access Level: Everyone

But you might have some success with the Ethernet driver if you tried?

I would recommend, if I'm not too late, that if you are still using RSLinx Classic v2.xx, that you do not go any higher than v2.59. This was the last v2.xx released before going to v3.xx. Installing any v3.xx of RSLinx Classic could inflict further headaches upon you if you have other software from Rockwell installed that are also slightly older. If all your software is pretty up to date and only RSLinx Classic was falling behind, then v3.xx may be ok to install.

The above depends on a lot of factors, but if in doubt, stick to v2.59.

Regards,
George

Is there an echo in here? :oops:

Sorry buddy. But I had not refreshed my page since opening to see your post. Also yours was just an informed guess while mine was a more concrete confirmation. Never hurts to get two opinions.

I also like to draw attention to the Rockwell Knowledgebase as there are many useful articles in there accessible to everyone.

A search for 'STA: 00 TYPE:9F TERM:34 PROC:9F' brought this answer up immediately.