Historian SE and OSI PI Advanced Computing Engine (ACE) tags

scotthower

Trying to implement ACE calculations on Historian SE 4.0 Advanced Server
  • used the wizard in Visual Studio to create a .dll
  • default point source using wizard was l and then the class name...had to make it just l so that it would be accepted (because of Point Source table)
  • Visual Studio tested through OK - output tag values update as expected
  • used natural for trigger...verified that input tag is changing when scanned every second...ensured that new Historian points have correct range
  • published .dll to ACE Manager - can see that it's running
  • new calculated tags that should be updated via ACE never get updated (still say pt created)
  • server running ACE is 'trusted' by Historian server
  • what should point source of calculated tag be? I made it L...wizard made it a base class...I create a new point with 'classic' class with point source L to test...still no change

I've been looking through OSI support and rockwell support but haven't found any good information on how the points that are outputs from ACE should be setup in Historian.

Thanks!