Small AC Units

The Plc Kid

What Company makes Control Panel AC units with the smallest footprint? These will just be to protect some switch cabinets on the floor in a high ambient environment

Looking for AC units as Thermoelectric coolers or heat exchangers will not comply with the spec.

All the Hoffman and McLean stuff is too big.Looking for something to fit in a 8" wide x 24" area Depth is no problem as panel is in the open.

Have you checked out Rittal? Not sure what the size is, but maybe worth a look. I think they provide a program to calculate cooling need.

Have you checked out Rittal? Not sure what the size is, but maybe worth a look. I think they provide a program to calculate cooling need.

+1 on Rittal, they have several styles to choose from, one should fit.

Hey Guy's

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately Vortex coolers are not an option as there is not any shop air supply anywhere close to these.

I have not looked at Rittal yet but I have checked Hoffman and they don't have anything with a frame size small enough to meet the need.

I've used these, the "compact" version is a little smaller than most. There is a limit to how small they can be though, physics is physics.
http://www.thermal-edge.com/products/enclosure-air-conditioners/

I once tried to use a vortex cooler on an overhead crane control panel for an aluminum smelter pot line. We had air available, but when I crunched the numbers, it would have taken 7-1/2HP worth of air compressor power to run the vortex cooler. A small freon type AC unit was going to use a LOT less energy!

Last edited: