DASABCIP 5.0 with Controllogix L55 M13 redundant processor communication issue

nilx007

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble setting up communication between wonderware intouch 2014 and Controllogix L55 rev 11 processor using DASABCIP 5.0

I tested the application in house and communicated fine with the L72 processor Rev 19.

Now I'm on site, trying to set communication and its giving trouble. I checked the diagnostic and its showing client group error (red). Log viewer has error code 0318: Link address to self invalid.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

The hardware configuration is as follows.
chassis#1, slot 0=processor and slot 1=CNB module.
chassis#2, slot 0=redundant processor and slot 1=CNB module.
Chassis#3, slot 0=CNB module & Slot 9 = ENBT module.
HMI is connected to ENBT module via ethernet switch

The ABCIP hierarchy I configured in DA server is as follows

CIP_PORT >> parameters: max qued msg =4

ENB_CLX >> Parameter: host name: 100.100.100.10 (IP address of PLC), connect time out 2000 ms

Backplane_CLX >>

CNB_CLX >> parameter: slot number = 0

PORT_CN >> parameter: channel number=channel A, controlnet address=3

CNB_PORT_CLX >> Parameter: slot number= 1, channel number= channel A, Controlnet address=1

Backplane_CLX >>

LOGIX5000_CLX>> Parameter: slot number=0, reply timeout=15, max CIP conn =4, optimization= no optimization, Tag database= auto load tag checked

device group is = PT added in logix5000_CLX parameter

the same is access and topic name in HMI application with suitlink protocol

oh well the problem is resolved. I was getting error due to mismatch in the hierarchy parameter i configured in DA server and actual node addressing in Controllogix.

the chassis # 3 which has ENBT card was actually configured as node 1 and primary processor chassis as node 2 and secondary processor chassis as node 3

simply changing the parameter of PORT_CN & CNB_PORT_CLX as below resolved the issue and its running like a champ.

PORT_CN >> parameter: channel number=channel A, controlnet address=1

CNB_PORT_CLX >> Parameter: slot number= 1, channel number= channel A, Controlnet address=2

Thanks,

Neil