Yaskawa MotionWorks IEC Express Programming

ksu

I am very new to PLC programming and would like to if there is a way to modify an existing MotionWorks program that uses block diagrams, by modifying the actual code.

I was also wondering if there was a way to rewrite the entire program in structured text instead of block diagrams.

Thanks in advance

Yes, if you have the source code, and it is not locked, then you are free to do anything you want with it. As has been discussed in previous posts, it doesn't make sense to write in only one IEC style when you have all available. Especially if you already have a working project. Better to figure out the other styles, since you will be far ahead in the long run. It isn't that difficult. It is a different way of thinking, but once you get it, it will clear where the advantages are.