PFlex 753 / 20-Comm-E

marcwand

fHey Guys and Girls,

I am in the middle of installing a Powerflex 753 drive 20F1ANC140JA0NNNNN in place of a 1336plus on a sorting line and I am having nothing but grief. I thought that I had completed all of the tedious actions with regards to getting this drive connected to the network but alas I have come unstuck.

The old drive was on remote IO, I am putting this one on EthernetIP. We are talking to a 1756L72 via a 1756EN2T ethernet card. I have the ethernet address all configured and I can program up the drive both through RS5000 and DriveExplorer without a problem across the network.

The problem I have is when I give the drive a start command through the logic it just sits there. No effort to go, no note of any speed reference that I send through, for whatever reason it seems as if the drive is not receiving the commands.

I have all of the logic masks set to only allow commands from port 6, but the status of the drive logic result parameters are just all zeros.

Can anyone help!! I sure do have a feeling it is something simple, but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance.

Hey all,

Don't worry about this one. Fixed it all up. The guys were using local tags to reference the drive controls and had not actually linked them to the actual drive controller tags.

Now my headache is easing, let's all have a good weekend!

Thanks for looking!!

Ohh, it was "the guys" who had it wrong?

C'mon, own up and be a man! :p (you are male I hope?)

Thanks for posting a follow-up.

Regards,
George