Panel View Plus 7

MATT116

Just got a PVP7 10" Standard 2711P-T10C21D8S.
I was hoping the screen would be better than the PVP6 seeing how it has better resolution but that's not the case. The screen seems fuzzy especially if your not looking strait on.
Anybody else notice this or do just have a faulty unit.

Probably the anti-glare coating.
If the screen looks more fuzzy at different angles then it is definitely the coating on the touch film. That reduces shine/glare from lights in the area, as well as reduces the look of finger smudges.

The PVP is a resistive touch screen, which means there is a poly(ester) film on top of the glass display. It's fairly common to put coatings on that poly to reduce glare, but each manufacturer does it differently and makes trade-offs.
http://www.dawar.com/touch-screen-tools

Glare & finger smudges are a common problem with capacitive touch screens, which have a glass surface. Some touch computers/monitors are unusable in bright light areas because they do not have anti-glare coating.

(1) Avoid using fancy (photo) images and colour gradients: such as on borders and rounded tanks/motors/etc. That will help reduce the effect of the fuzz.
(2) Increase the backlight intensity, but that will reduce the backlight life. It's set less than full intensity to give you longer backlight life, by default.

Otherwise, you'll have to try a capacitive touch IPC or try a different brand of touch panel. Just remember you trade off anti-glare for clarity.

I noticed the same thing and was told by my AB rep that this will be corrected by September. It has to do with the coating.
PV6 still looks a lot better regardless of resolution until this is fixed.

PVP7 is a significantly lower cost panel than PVP6 so this may be expected. It's not a replacement or upgrade for PVP6 even though its name certainly implies it.

PVP7 is a significantly lower cost panel than PVP6 so this may be expected. It's not a replacement or upgrade for PVP6 even though its name certainly implies it.
My AB rep said its only lower cost because it's limited to 25 screens vs 100 on the PVP6

Yup, this version of PV7 called Standard is replacing Compact version of PV6,but display on PV6 and PV6 Compact to my eyes looks the same and much better then PV7. Full blown PV7 is coming soon but I was told that display will be the same.

My AB rep said its only lower cost because it's limited to 25 screens vs 100 on the PVP6

If that were true it would be a very easy software adjustment to sell these panels at a lower price point. The outer construction is considerably lighter duty and I'm sure costs were cut internally as well. It's still a good panel, but I don't think I would expect it to outperform its higher priced siblings.

In addition to the lower screen count it also can connect only to one PLC. I believe new PVP6 have a 250 screen count.

The 10" PVP7 does have 800 x 600 SVGA compared to PVP6 640 x 480 VGA, but I would not count on actually getting more for less especially with RA.

Last edited:
I just starting using the same 10" PV+7. It has the worst clarity that I have seen in a long time. I am concurrently working with an Automation Direct 12" EA9. The image quality of the EA9 is far superior and it takes less than 10 seconds to download updates. It's hard to believe how antiquated the AB product is. It's also hard to believe we paid $400 more for the PV. The PV+7 is a 2 star product.