A little Logic help

Big Brunsy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am upgrading our SLC 150's to Micrologix 1400's. Due to their antiquity, It is practically impossible to view the programs that are on the 150's. So therefore I have to start over from scratch. The machine I am working on takes little school milk cartons and puts them in a case.

I have 2 lines feeding the caser. I need a total of 5 pushes from 2 pushers per tier. they are controlled by a 2 position DCV powered both ways.

The pushers are fully forward when waiting. After the lines backup enough the product will sit in front of a photo eye for 2 seconds, which causes the pushers to retract allowing product to enter in front of them. product then activates a switch causing the pusher to advance half way where the pusher activates a switch and then retracts to let product in again. Which ever pusher opens first will need to make 3 pushes and the other will make 2. upon the final push, each pusher will extend all of the way out past the middle switch and make a "forward" switch where it will wait for the head to lower, grab the cartons, and load them in the case.

After the head grabs the cartons, and begins lowering through the tables, each pusher should retract, make 1 push to the middle switch, retract again, and wait for the head up switch to be made before it completes the rest of its pushes.

If only 1 line is running it will make all 5 pushes. Product backs up to the photoeye, it makes 3 pushes, then waits for the product to back up to the photoeye again, and makes the remaining 2 pushes.

I am fairly new to the programming world and am stuck. Here is a link to the file so you can see what I have come up with so far. If someone could help me out with some ideas on what to do in order to make this work I would be GREATLY appreciative.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried uploading from the SLC-150s? The software to do this can be found for free now, AB has released the license for fee use. You do need to use Dosbox and you will need a cable. Search the forum for PCIS. PCIS is the name of the software for the SLC150s. You will find links to download it and also instructions for installing and running dosbox, as well as links to where you can get an inexpensive cable. You project is not unusual, thousands have come here looking for help on how to get the programs out of the SLC100 and 150s and convert them to the Micrologix platform so there is a large amount of tutorial threads in the archives for your help.

Last edited: