Functional Safety for machinery Engineering TUV Rheinland

swayne76

I was wondering if anybody on here has taken this training that Rockwell offers. I am a controls engineer in manufacturing environment and the powers that be here have signed me up for it. Just would like to get an idea of what to expect and your thoughts.

Thanks

Don't go into the course with any pre-conceived or suggested expectations..

Be totally open-minded, and get into "sponge" mode.

Listen and Learn, be pro-active, if there's something you don't understand, or think you disagree with, challenge the tutor to make it clear....

These courses, because of the nature of the subject, are like Gold, are very expensive, and most people consider it a privilege to get on a course sponsored by their employer...

Whatever accreditation you achieve from the course will be a huge future asset, your employer cannot take away the knowledge or certification you gain from it, it's a tool he doesn't own...

I know this thread is old.
I just got out of this class Friday. I got the unofficial notice that I passed.
I went from TUV 3 to TUV 1 and just finished TUV 2. Just over $6k worth of classes. I suggest you have a good understanding of why and how we do safety. If you go into it with the mindset that safety is a burden you will hate these.
1 year + is a long time to wait for a test but it isn't anywhere near enough time.