best way to detect which input/tool is removed?

BachPhi

I want to detect which input is missing ( if more than one input/tool missing then it is NOT valid)

lets' say I have 16 inputs, each detect a tool presence. In RSLogix500, i go thru a bitwise AND with a mask FFFF, then NOT, and bitwise AND again with the same mask, and then loop it thru using XPY instruction uintil it find the exponential position.

I would like to know if there is a simpler way in RSLogix5000 , TIA.

I don't have a CLX version of any of those techniques lying around. I don't even have a processor to work with. If you see something there you like you'll need to 'translate' it from C to A-B RLL (it can be done, I put the Brian Kernighan method in a PLC-3 but I don't have the code anymore) or maybe ST.